NEW PANDEMIC EBT PROGRAM
MSD Warren Township
Wednesday, June 03, 2020
New Pandemic EBT Program for Families Receiving Free and Reduced-Price School Meals:
Families with children who receive free or reduced-cost lunches at school qualify for a new Pandemic EBT program
The Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer Program (P-EBT) provides temporary funding to address emergency food needs for families affected by the pandemic.
- P-EBT food assistance benefits will go to Indiana families with students ages 5-18 that are eligible for free or reduced-price school meals. This includes families currently receiving Food Assistance Program benefits, as well as those not currently enrolled in the program.
- No application is necessary for eligible families to receive P-EBT benefits. A card will be automatically mailed to you.
- Because your child is not in school right now, you will receive food assistance benefits.
How it Works:
Eligible families will receive a Pandemic EBT card in the mail that can be used to purchase eligible food items anywhere SNAP/EBT cards are accepted. These additional food assistance benefits can be used the same way as families would typically use SNAP to purchase food items.
- The EBT card and food benefit cannot be transferred to anyone else.
- Families who do not currently receive SNAP will receive an electronic benefits transfer card in the mail, along with instructions on how to activate and use their card.
- Families who already receive SNAP benefits will have the additional benefits applied to their SNAP accounts on their Hoosier Works EBT card.
More information regarding FSSA guidance for various programs and stakeholders regarding COVID-19: https://www.in.gov/fssa/5772.h...